Thursday, September 4, 2008

Went to nyc for the long weekend. Last minute, as most of my New York trips have been in the past. We were lucky enough to get to stay at Janet’s new super cool east village apartment, while she shacked up with her bf for a few days. Thanks again.

What can I say really, it’s New York City. I have no complaints, except for the extreme heat. ugh, I really really hate it. We crammed a lot into the few days, but I feel satisfied with what we did. Except, and really there’s always something, I wanted to go to the MoMa, and we got there only to have the place close in 5 minutes. It was partially my fault because I completely lost track of time. So I’ve still yet to see the MoMa and what it has to offer. next time.

On a food note, I had the best corn of my life!!! No exaggerations, it was amazing. It was grilled, and it had this Mexican cheese on it, which as Janet says, tastes like the “smart food” popcorn cheese, and then chilli powder sprinkled on top, and lime. Fuck. I wish it wasn’t so far away from me now…. That’s where we saw Aggy Deyn, the “it” girl super model…now normally when I see anyone “famous” I don’t stop and stare, but honestly this girl could stop traffic. She’s extremely tall and skinny, and pretty much perfect. She was riding her bike with some dude that looks exactly like her, but the male version. Thank God Albert Hammond Jr. is tall.

Still on the topic of food, Sarah and I wanted to go to the silly “cool” restaurants, that New York has....so we jumped in a cab over to Butter, and it was freaken closed. There was a sign on the door that I wanted to read, but two guys were heavily eating each other faces off, so I was distracted and didn’t end up reading it. So we ended up at a restaurant called the Spotted Pig, in the West Village. Another one of the “special” ones. Ha! Sarah ordered a Greek salad, which was 20 bucks, and when it came we thought he had the wrong table. I don’t care how much money people have that go there, this was a sorry excuse for a salad. Why can’t it be expensive and worth it?? It was a few cherry tomatoes cut in half, with maybe two olives also cut into pieces, and some large chunks of cucumber. Apparently they were “heirloom cucumbers”. I watch the food network religiously, so what the hells are heirloom cucumbers? It was hilarious though. Then I got a “Chargrilled Burger with Roquefort Cheese & Shoestrings”. Can’t lie, the burger was damn good, but it was literally meat and cheese…no lettuce, tomato, ketchup or anything else you would want. Nah nah. Thank god the cheese was flavourful enough, otherwise I would just be eating a hunk of meat and lord knows that shit won’t fly with me…would I go back?? Yes! It was a really good burger, and they make good drinks. But yes, totally overrated, and anyone who argues that, is lying.

We went to some French dude’s penthouse one night, that had a view like no other. I mean I can’t believe that guy gets to look out to that everyday of his life. Not fair….and Sunday we went to Sway again, and that’s where we saw “big surprise”, MK. Janet loves her, but she does nothing for me. She just looks like every other small girl in the bar. Her boyfriend on the other hand….i noticed him.

So I’m home and I’ve been working which had made this week pass by in a flash..and I’m sick again, which honestly it doesn’t even phase me anymore. I went to my doctor, she took a ton of tests, and turns out I have really bad luck. So the lady with the MD says. Greatttt.

Currently Listening to: Gym Class Heroes-Cookie Jar (catchy tune)


Photobucket
Photobucket
x-j

6 comments:

little one said...

i don't love MK b/c i think she's hot, i love her b/c i think we could be friends and i can fit into all of her hand me downs that she throws after wearing once...all the balenciagas, the a. wangs, the marc jacobs, the everythings!!

plus, i love people my size, makes me feel less inadequate beside normal sized people. little ones must band together.

jessica said...

not sure of you've noticed butttt, yes she's damn rich ass, but i've seen her in like 4 pictures, separate occasions, and again at sway, in the same plaid top. It’s time she switches it up. But her bags…I wish.

vintage muse said...

who the fuck is MK? please dont tell me its Michelle Tanner.

also, Deyn isn't THAT tall, she's only 5'8 (so says the 4/5 sources that i checked).

i hate pricy shit that isnt worth it. poootz.

miss you.

little one said...

yes that MK, michelle tanner. she's just a little, sad, vulnerable trainwreck that everyone loves to hate.

i love her, she's a bit of an "artsy, NYC scene social climber" but so is about 99% of the people under the age of 30 in this city.

jessica said...

well she sure looked taller than
5'8 to me. my friend sarah i was with is 5'8, so there's no way jose. she was freaky tall.

anywho miz u 2. sad i missed your end of summer bbq

vintage muse said...

if you see Deyn next to Daria, shes short.
plus, ppl who arent professional models all say they are WAY taller than they are.
for instance, i always thought i was about 5'7, 5'7 and a half. why? bc when i stood next to ppl who where a little shorter than me, they would say, IM FIVE SIX AND A HALF, and they'd be clearly an inch or two shorter, so id assume, ok, im tall. NO. No No.
maybe ur friend IS 5'8, but id say go home and measure, and im talking doctors chart measurement, not finger and pencil against the wall...

ok im tired love love night.