Thursday, April 17, 2008

Highz

So this was certainly the week for good concerts. Tuesday was the much anticipated MGMT show at the Mod Club, and let me tell you they did not disappoint. I did a post on them a while back, but I never knew how much I would end up loving them as well as their album, Oracular Spectacular. Even kev drew from BSS, was there to take it all in, so the band must be doing something right.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ok so Wednesday was Hot Chip and the Phoenix, and yes I’ve always enjoyed them while out dancing & what not, but last night I gained a totally new respect for them. They were freaken incredible, and their stage presence was impeccable. They covered the song, Temptation, which is one of my favourite New Order songs eva. There album material is nothing compared to their live show. My only complaint, cause I always have at least one, was that it was a sweaty mess in there! It was unbearably hot, and everyone was wet and gross. BUT, the Chip made up for it when they did a cover of Prince/Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares 2U, which had everyone in the room singing along with every word, including moi.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ok so now I’m home and happy to be here, I’m beat. Goodnight petals. x-j

1 comment:

little one said...

i'm not going to mention how i feel about missing the temptation cover...oops, i just did.