Friday, December 12, 2008

take a sad song and make it better

I just popped a Tylenol 3 for my wretched cramps, and as I lay here, I will compile a list of the songs that make me the saddest. They don’t necessary have to make everyone feel sad, but for whatever reason I may have, whether it reminds me of people from my past, or certain situations, it’s the feeling I get. I’m actually in a very cheerful mood today, so I think this is the perfect time to make my list.

Please add your favourite sad songs, so one day I can make one big sad cd/playlist. Oh the fun.

Bloc Party- Blue light
the Smashing Pumpkins- Eye
Interpol- The Lighthouse, Rest my Chemistry
Third Eye Blind- Motorcycle Driveby, Hows it going to be
Bloc Party-Signs
The Smiths- please, please, let me get what i want
Band of Horses- No one’s going to love you
Band of Horses- Funeral
Emily Haines- Reading in bed
Broken Social Scene- Lovers Spit
Mazzy Star- Into dust, Wild Horses
Garbage – You look so fine
Pedro the lion- Magazine
Radiohead—Nude, Fake Plastic Trees
the cure- just like heaven
q-Lazzarus- goodbye horses
Okkervil River- for real
Azure Ray-sleep
Blonde Redhead- 23, bipolar, misery is a butterfly
The Presets- girl and the sea
New Order- age of consent , temptation
Cat Power- the greatest
My Bloody Valentine- sometimes, when you sleep
Fiona Apple-never is a promise, sally’s song
Sia- breathe me (suicide)
Deftones- digital bath
spiritualized- ladies and gentleman we are floating into space (also my future wedding song. Fitting)
the beach boys-little surf girl (my dad)
Grizzly Bear- Knife
the perishers- trouble sleeping
young galaxy- wailing wall
ray lamontagne-still can’t feel the gin
the veils- vicious traditions
Au Reviour Simone- Stay Golden
mellowdrone- fashionably uninvited
metric- calculation theme
klima- city
Pearl Jam- Indifference
zwan- of a broken heart

I feel as though I’m missing tons of others, maybe even more damaging, but as always this will have to do for now.
x-j

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

no distance left to run - blur
this mad - emm gryner
waltz #1 - elliot smith
sound of silence - simon garfunkel
the day is far too long - coxon
live to tell - madonna
nothing compares to you - sinead
sometimes it snows in april - prince
every word - sade
stressed out - tribe called quest
perfect day - lou reed
jealous guy - lennon
cruel summer - bananarama

Anonymous said...

We might different things that make us sad but these work for me
sad songs:

Kid A - Radiohead (Live Version)
Steal my body home - Beck
Mothers of the Disappeared - U2
40 - U2
Outside the Wall - Pink Floyd
Redemption Song - Bob Marley
Guilty Cubicles - Broken Social Scene
Let it Die - Feist
Do you Realize? - The Flaming Lips
Walking after you - Foo Fighters
I could have lied - RHCP
February Stars - Foo Fighters
Just a Thought - Gnarls Barkley
Obstacle 2 - Interpol
Picture of My life - Jamiroquai
So Real - Jeff Buckley
Manic Depression - jimi hendrix
someone just knocked at my door..

Anonymous said...

sinead o'connor - nothing compares to you

Anonymous said...

and nice new blog pic! very sex-face.

Unknown said...

holy header!


ok, the tunes:

untitled #8 by sigur ros
soon enough by the constantines
anti-pioneer by feist
i know it's over by the smiths
the dangling conversation by simon & garfunkel
dry drunk emperor by tv on the radio
helpless by neil young
forever by uncle jesse

jessica said...

So great friends. Love your lists. Thanks for taking the time. I eat shit like this up. I love lists. My playlist is going to be misery central thanks to you guys. Perfect.

I’d say most of the songs that I’ve listed, I can’t even stand to listen too. Either they make me angry, or annoyed, but deep deep deep down I love them.

little one said...

this playlist idea is sooo me, i love easy listening and lying in bed crying listening to sad tunes...

cat power - good woman, lived in bars
cure - plainsong, pictures of you
elliot smith - pitselah, between the bars (actually any elliot smith song for obvious reasons)
chromatics - i'm on fire
lionel richie - hello
mazzy star - fade into you
ryan adams - la cienega, wonderwall, love is hell
emily haines - our hell
stars - that very thing

little one said...

forgot my fav...damn me...

pink floyd - wish you were here

purposeful wanderer said...

the beatles - long, long, long
incubus - wish you were here
the smiths - how soon is now
jimi hendrix - castles made of sand
u2 - if god will send his angels
eddie vedder - hard sun
pearl jam - sometimes
jeff buckley - last goodbye

now if you will excuse me, i need to go and have a good cry

jessica said...

wish you were here is one of my all time. i forgot it too, good call.

and crying is good i think, get it all out buds.