Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

I spent mine working at "the drink", (Government), to make some extra cash for my upcoming trip. My friend Alex forced me, and I obliged, only because I "made" her come with me on our trip. I did manage to make money, but I also learned that I will never ever do something that out of character again. New Year's resolution number one. I almost fell on my face 12 times, because after a couple of hours, the floor was covered with God knows what, and it was an ice rink. I finally fell at the end of the night, but alex, and a nice Asian man was there to pick me up. I was so tried at that point I didn't feel a thing, or acknowledge the nice man helping me up, and asking if I was ok. He called me mame. Sweet soul. It's just a distance memory now, I've made sure of that. On top of all the potential falling, I had men grabbing my hand as I walked by, which is a major no no, but since I was technically working there, I couldn't even set them straight. Instead I just shot them a nasty look, and ripped my hand away. They were too drunk to notice anyway.


Since it's 2009, which actually means nothing, I was contemplating taking out my lip ring. Some days I love it, and some days I find it gets in the way of my face, and I feel, dare I say…. trashy. I'm leaning more towards removing it, but I know me. The second it's out, I'll have a great outfit or something and want it again. I pretty much have a permanent hole under my lip, which in reality wasn't worth it for the amount of time I've had it in, which sucks. It closes within 2 hours, so once the decision is made, there's no turning back.

Thoughts? Opinions?

X-J

6 comments:

vintage muse said...

i think you should never bar tend again, and highly suggest removing the ring.

it distracts from how gorgeous you are. for real. take it out. right now.

also, as part of 2009 you should come see me more. ok? awesome.

lower case g said...

i was going to say keep it, but now i don't know. think of it this way - once it's gone, you won't get another one, so i say hold on as long as possible, so you never regret taking it out. i'm just living vicariouly through you, since my super corporate life prevents any fun stuff with the face :(

Anonymous said...

I humbly suggest the removal of any facial piercings.

Anonymous said...

Remove. You're far too pretty for distractions on your face. And besides, you can always dye your hair, cut your hair and get more tats in hidden places - if you get bored.

xo
Lisa

michael. said...

yes, less jewls more tats.

jessica said...

wow eh. humf.
humf. humf. it's comin out, when i get back from my trip. sad.
thanks for le opinions.