Monday, May 12, 2008

Ok so finally I’m going to blab about the recent Kills concert I attended. Firstly it was held at my favourite venue which I feel like I’ve said before, The Opera House. It’s so old, and big, and gross, but I prefer nothing over it. Ashley and I got there late, which turns out was super early because the first band did not even go on yet. I wish I could tell you who they were but in all honesty I was not interested in the slightest…so I never found out. We used that extra time to scour about the club into a little dark room on the 4th floor/level. It was pitch dark and they had a vintage projector sitting all by itself by the window looking as scary as can be, so we bailed and flocked to the bar. Bad drink after bad drink, (which is my only qualm with the place), time ticked away and It was time to take out positions. I usually could care less about being in the front for most shows, but now being almost blind, it is mandatory, and in all honestly I would not see their show any other way.

We were I’d say second from the front, dripping with hot sweat, but kinda loving it…We had a group of drunk out of place guys beside us that Ashley was verbally abusing for a while. (with reason). We were entertained with the idea of them at first because it was fun to banter back in forth, but the novelty wore off quick, and Ashley and another chick got them kicked out. From that moment on all was good in the world. These guys were dicks; we were not. Trust. Anyways, the show was amazing. I was totally 100% into it. We were straight in front of Jamie Hince and the whole time I was thinking about him “in” kate moss. Just kidding, but it crossed my mind a few times. Jamie seems much more shall I say alive than his sidekick Alison. She was perfectly fucked right out of her mind. She kept doing these little circles on the stage over an over again, and was making me feel crazy myself. Not to mention her little pendant and chain“Sarah Michelle Gellar, in Cruel Intentions” moments, if you know what I mean, refuelling to keep her going I suspect. She is tall, and frail with undeniably, the most beautiful face and voice. She’s hard not to look at, so I did notice all the things I maybe shouldn’t have. She kept staring into the crowd with these eyes, that peer right through you, and she looked as though she was about to kill you someway.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen a little band royally fucked on stage. Most bands are sipping Voss water and eating organic carrots or something….and as bad as it sounds, it is quite entertaining to see a band completely out of it once in a while. Their stage presence was unbeatable, and their chemistry is definitely one I would worry about if I was Miss Moss…. Overall I would definitely see them again.

I’m going for a walk. I just got over a 24 flu, and now I feel like I’m getting something else. I’m the permanently infectious one. Stay away. Being a germaphobe is not paying off.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

No comments: