Wednesday, February 6, 2008

All that glitters is not gold

Just yesterday I was bragging to the girls at work about I have yet to get sick this winter, which is a near miracle for me. One of them said I just jinxed myself for saying that, and I proceeded to say I don’t believe in any of that crap.

I woke up this morning with a stuffy nose, and painfully sore throat to match. Now what am I suppose to think?

It’s snowing again right now, and the large flakes look like sparkles falling from the sky. You know something? sky happens to rhyme with eye, and that brings me to my next story. Last night I went to a friend’s house for dinner, and I decided to go routing through her extensive makeup collection. I stumbled upon a small tube of gold eye glitter. Because I’m me, I decided to put some on. A few strokes on my top lid, and a few on the bottom, just be to be a real jack ass. I just wanted to make my friend smile, y’know? Anyways I’m paying the consequences of my careless actions today. Every once in a while a piece of glitter will float past my retina, but I think the worst part about it is that not only did I shower this morning, but the sparkles will not budge from my face. So today at work I have gold glitter all over my face, predominantly around my eyes. A lady in my building even complimented me on my “fancy” eye makeup today.

I’m so happy.

Did I tell you how much I love Polaroid’s? I’ll show you shortly.

3 comments:

vintage muse said...

hope you feel better, Jem.

little one said...

um, it was supposedly like 19 degrees here today, so stupid!!

i miss snow, i wish i had snow!!!

feel better!!

jessica said...

19 degrees? pffff. the snow is endless here so enjoy. or else.

and thanks both of you. i got the fever going right now, it's splendid.