Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The trip is going well. My friend and I thought we would be amazing and tan all day in the sun using only an spf 4. Tonight we look like frightening creatures. And speaking of creatures there was a manaray warning on the beach today, so we did not want to chance an attack on us in anyway…..so we just laid on the beach like manatees. Only Conan watchers will get that.

Anyway I don’t want any backlash on my blog here but, I do have to bring attention to the ignorance I’ve witnessed during my stay in the United States of America. Let’s just say Floridians for arguments sake. Now I don’t want to censor myself, but I will right now..This technically can even be said by a Canadian…It just happens to be more fun, talking about Americans.

Story one: We went to eat at this restaurant called P.F. Changs, which is a relatively upscale Asian restaurant on sunrise. We overheard a couple beside us speaking to the waiter about what to order, and the lady asked for a vegetarian appetizer. The waiter then asked the lady if she would be ordering off their vegetarian menu tonight. The asshole said and I quote” well, I’m not a vegetarian, but I don’t want to eat dog.” Our mouths just dropped at this ludicrous statement, she wasn’t even kidding. I then spent the rest of the meal trying to get her to hear me saying dog related phrases. She never even turned around.

Next asshole: She was located at the local Target. Most Canadians flock to this department store to buy useless articles/things they do not need. We love it. Anyways this has to do with a conversation, between two ladies, about the upcoming presidential nomination/election. We overheard one lady saying that if Obama wins she just knows that he will give everything to “those” people. We turned to look, and low and behold, there was a black lady walking by. Wow, I’m so impressed to see that rasism is still alive and well in the "best" and "most advanced" country in the word…not.
They were wearing matching leopard sweaters. I'm pretty sure they were angora, so I guess it’s ok. I love Florida.

We’re also playing up our French Canadian heritage as much as we can just for our own enjoyment. We almost got caught today by a rather large group of Quebecois. They sound so pretty.
x-j
p.s i'm so sad to hear about the fire on queen. e-mail me the deets on the deets please.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey pretty lady,

That post is amazing. Don't you just love the ignorance? Makes you wanna hug us Canadians =)

As for the fire, it was horrible and although i have yet to see it in person, mostly small shops on the strip and apts are burnt down.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_19814.aspx

Love,
LegZ

little one said...

hahahaha, stupid americans. plus that dog comment was totally inappropriate b/c you were at a chinese resto and my peeps, us "koreans/gooks" are the supposed dog eaters ... see can't even throw out a racial slur properly. remember the "seaweed" incident?

anways...stupid americans yes. everyone keeps telling me i better stop saying that but is true, i feel uber superior due to my canadianess!!!

um, san fran is a beauty, at least what i saw of it when not working...working away sucks!!! glad you're loving the sun!!