Friday, February 8, 2008

고양이, chat, katze, kot, γάτα, gatto, kat

Yesterday’s Metric concert turned out to be a bust. To make it quick, Emily was perfect and truthfully so was the sound in the venue, but the Sound Academy is the worst place to watch a concert of that nature. It’s designed horribly, being long and narrow. Ash and I started out near the front bar by the stage, but as soon as the lights dimmed, swarms of gross ignorant people pushed and shoved their way to the front. Don’t get me wrong, normally I can handle that, but for some reason this time was particularly annoying. We went straight to the back of the room where a few couples and now us stood. I obviously could not see anything, which I didn’t really mind. There was too much going on, everyone was having their own loud conversations, and I just could not concentrate. We left early which I can’t even believe I’m admitting. Like I said she was perfect and amazing and all that stuff, but we just couldn’t do that crowd…we bailed. Emily said it perfectly “We’re used to playing the Dakota Tavern”. I wish that was the case. I guess I’m being bitchy because so many people were there, but they were assholes so I’m justified.

Me today: Still sick, and strangely obsessed with
Terry Richardson. But that’s just today, who knows what tomorrow will bring. Happy weekend, friends & foes.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
x-j

3 comments:

vintage muse said...

bad venue design is a sin. like the docs, sinful.
happy weekend to you xo

little one said...

hahahahahahahahahahaha, i can't believe you just wrote cat in korean and i understood, see i AM a good korean!!!! none of this banana bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!

at least one of your asians is true!!

jessica said...

it was the docks..name change "Sound Academy". gross. horrible on all accounts.

.....

janet: i soooo did that one for you.

impressive by the by.
good korean princess for sure