Monday, November 5, 2007

Just me

Hello everyone that may read this.
I’ve decided to share my misfortune with you, as it may help you to understand where my strange, and distant, behavior will be coming from.
Over the weekend I saw a few old friends of mine at a downtown club. I was my cousin's birthday so everyone was in good spirits. I had a few drinks at the beginning of the night, but nothing major.
As I was leaving I saw that my buddies were in their cars, and one of them was going to drive home. I took it upon myself to make sure that they didn’t drive, because they were crazy drunk. We hung around the parking lot of a while, and then I hoped in the driver’s seat, and we drove about 100 feet to a gas station to get food and drinks. It was decided that once one of the guys ate something, that in time he would be ok to drive. I thought it was a pretty good idea, so we drove back to the parking lot to eat.
A police cruiser followed us, and came to the car to asked for my driver’s license and registration. At this point I was not worried because I was very confident that we did not do anything wrong, and we were in fact doing the right thing. The officer asked me to do a breath test, and I complied. He sat me the backseat of his car, and brought the machine to me. I tried three times, and each time he told me I was doing something wrong. Blow longer, blow strong, etc..As I said, I willingly complied with his every request. Still at this point I did not think there was anything for me to worry about.
To make along story short, my license is now suspended for 90 days, if I get caught driving I go to jail, I have a criminal charge against me, which means next week I have to go take my pictures and finger prints. As you can imagine I’m beyond devastated and almost feel like I’m in the twilight zone. I thought I was doing a good thing and helping out my friends. Instead I got myself into major trouble, which is not deserved. I was targeted and picked on for the wrong reasons. I was charged with “refusing to take roadside screening device test”, which is a horrible lie.
I work in a lawyer’s office, but he does not do criminal proceedings, and unfortunately for me that’s what this qualifies as. He recommended me to his old partner who does criminal cases, and that means I have myself a horribly expensive legal bill to now pay. I also have no choice but to move back home with my parents’ because it will be close to impossible to stay down town and work uptown. My life has pretty went down the tubes, in a flash.
The reason I’m writing this is because I really do not want to talk about it anymore, and have already been asked what happened a million times, so this way, it’s all here.

Pretty messed up right? So please I beg you to understand if I don’t call you back when you call, or if I’m just down right miserable. There is not much to be happy about right now, as I’m sure you’ll understand.

Kisses
Jessica

p.s feel free to drive me anywhere! i'll go ANYWHERE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that totally blows! no pun intended. as "sucky" as your life is right now, can i offor some words that may bring you something to look forward to? ummm SHERLY this weekend!!! a.k.a chalet! and your birthday celebration! bomfire, music and nature :)i think its the getaway you need.

rob fournier

vintage muse said...

love you sweetness. love you so much. kiss kiss kiss.

little one said...

i love you and i miss you ... xoxo
come to NY, you don't need to drive here, it'll treat you nicer!!