Monday, March 3, 2008

No no no no no

ME: So as you all know, I occasionally (once a week) read the “missed connections”, posted on Craigslist. For a while now they have been super lame-o, but I did happen to come across this one and it disturbed me greatly. Read and see why this might be ...

3am, waiting to cross traffic light & bday girl - m4w - 23
Date: 2008-03-03, 3:46AM EST

"after clubbing, walking back home. came at the intersection of Spadina & Front Street. A jeep with 4 ladies stop at the traffic lights. yelling and asking me for my food. One of them was a birthday girl, wish her a happy birthday. gave her a bite of my pita and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Wished them all a great night and safe ride home. Hope birthday girl, your head was feelin alright the next day u woke up"

ME: What what??? What?? Some stranger took a bite from your germ invested pita, and you let her?? Please don’t say I’m being a germaphobe here, that’s just geeeross. Even Laura wouldn’t allow that. But….

on the other side of things, it was much faster for the tired intoxicated girls to just bum food off the street, rather than getting out and going into a place. Pretty savvy of em.

To each their own I guess. If someone wanted to murder me they would be on the right track if they fed me someone’s bitten goods.

final NOTE: According to his grammar he was still boxed when he wrote this, which makes it even grander. Hence the 3:46 am, time tag on it.

Wicked lil band from a place very far away from us. You can totally make dinner and jam out to them. I can picture myself with my spatula microphone now (Cred: hfc)

Amy Meredith
http://www.myspace.com/amymeredithmusic

No comments: