Monday, December 10, 2007

A careless bird is complicated

Saturday was super crazy for me. Well, Laura and I. We spent the day making food to bring to Lisa’s Christmas fiesta, and then we had to bring it to her house before hand, then go home to get ready for the Stila makeup bar thing, then go back to Lisa's. I was Laura's plus one, because she promised me that we would be each others plus ones for life. (click the link to read laura's article)

So anyway the night would not be complete if something did not fuck up for me, so here you are. I made a cucumber, artichoke, asiago appetizer thingy, and put it on a platter, with toothpicks so the saran wrap would not touch. I did the same for these candy cane cupcakes I made. L and I were extremely careful to not drop or ruin our masterpieces. Or so we thought.
As we were driving to Lisa’s, already rushing because we were running late, I put the cupcakes on my lap, and the cucumber things in my hand. We were stopped at a light and I rested the plate on her dash board. The pretty little wench decided to floor it as soon as the light turned green , and all we heard was plop, and splat! I had my eyes closed for a good minute, and I when I opened them, Laura’s mouth was dropped open. I looked down and I had cheese all over me. Dripping from my arm, and plopped on my leg. My pretty h'dourves were a mud pie at this point, which also landed right on my cupcakes. Luckily the cakes did not get ruined, but I had shit all over me, and laura's car. We could not stop laughing though. When we got to lisa's, I made her open the door as I handed her the tray. We had a good laugh, and off we went for round two.
went back to L’s, had a shower to wash off the asiago smell on my body, and went to be girls at the beauty bar. We got our hair and makeup done, by Stila makeup artists, and drank magenta pink champagne. I of course got the douche bag makeup artist. She talked like a complete ditz, and every 3 seconds would check out herself in the mirror. I was going to murder her! But did not. Next…Lisa’a party .So much yummy food, and drinks, and people dancing like crazy people. Fun. Fun. Thanks pretty lady!

Anyway Today is the day of my first court date. I did not need to go since I have a lawyer, and it’s just to get the next date….but I decided to take the afternoon off from work to just go home, make a Cesar, and enjoy my day.. I’ve been doing a whole lot of nothing, and it couldn’t feel better. I was actually just on Craigslist looking for random jobs that may interest me, and I clicked on the “missed connections” tab. I swear I think I’m going to make a tea, and just read this for the rest of the afternoon. Fascinating. People see a complete stranger somewhere, and then try to reach out to them. People are very hopefully, and I bet they also believe in fate. No comment, but you have to check some of them out. A few of my favs:
(Gare, or laura, can you write one for me?)
http://toronto.craigslist.ca/tor/mis/503723789.html

http://toronto.craigslist.ca/yrk/mis/504867185.html

http://toronto.craigslist.ca/tor/mis/503358807.html


Anyway, I will read some more, then nap. So till I have the urge to post about my oh so exciting life again, namaste.
Jessica A.D.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
p.s name this movie quote
(gare this one's for you)
"I'm over here in my unit, isolated and alone, eating my terrible tasting food, and I have to look over at that. That looks like the most fun I've ever seen in my entire life, and it's B.S. - excuse my language. I'm just saying that I wash and dry; I'm like a single mother. Look, we all know home-ec is a joke - no offense - it's just that everyone takes this class to get an A, and it's bullshit - and I'm sorry. I'm not putting down your profession, but it's just the way I feel. I don't want to sit here, all by myself, cooking this shitty food - no offense - and I just think that I don't need to cook tiramisu. Am I going to be a chef? No. There's three weeks left of school, give me a fuckin' break! I'm sorry for cursing."

5 comments:

jesse. said...

Our friend.

<3 www.havefunclub.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

troop beverly hills: we've got it (two actually).

let me know if you want it.
xo.

jessica said...

melissa! I want it 100%. What location? and i'll come when you work to say hello! thank you so much, this made my life.

lower case g said...

SUPERBAD... Jonah Hill. SUPERFUNNY. i'm so lame...

Anonymous said...

I love that middle shot with the guy looking back with the suitcase. It;s quite wonderful.

- Sarah
wearealwaysalwaysmortal.wordpress.com