Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I wish I had a cure for the way people are

A very serious situation occurred the day before a few friends and mine were going to take off to Montreal this weekend. Considering the circumstances, it was decided that we stay back, and with valid reason. Basically that meant that NYE 2008 was a crock of nothing but shit. I can’t say that the whole weekend was bad though. Friday we went frolicking around the city to various places, and Saturday I ended up at Sneaky Dee’s, painting my nails and drinking cheap, but surprisingly wicked tasting wine. Who woulda thunk?

New Years Eve started off pretty rad. We crashed Janet’s brother’s party, and drank as much as we could consume before we left, because we knew that getting a drink at the bar would be next to impossible when we got there, and most importantly we agreed that getting through our night would be a lot easier if we were slightly in the bag. Then we danced around to New Order pretending that we were living in the 80’s. Inevitably we had to leave to go to the bar. The “wrong bar” that is. Ha, pun intended. As soon as we all arrived there, we were instantly sober. I mean all our hard work went to shit, out of nowhere. Needless to stay we had to play catch up to all the others around us. To make a longgg story short, as soon as the clock rung 12, everyone pretty much bailed. I was also ready to skedaddle, but Janet lost her purse. We must have looked under every jacket in that bar, and nuttin. Before we knew it we were standing on the street in the blowing snow, freezing and confused. Obviously we were over the night. Soooo over it. We decided to pack it in, and go our separate ways.

IT was close to impossible to find a cab in the city last night, which made things even more fun for me. Instead of standing on the street with fifty other people trying to hail a cab, I decided to walk back to Laura’s. She had the right idea and bailed early. Some nights just can’t be turned around y’know? Or maybe were so over it to even try any longer.

BY the time I arrived at Laura’s condo I was soaked head to toe. My hair was dripping and my eye makeup was streaming down my face. Needless to stay I was enraged. But the remainder of the night was a pleasure. Snuggling (defrosting) on the coach with Laura and tom, watching Austin Powers and eating pizza that made us sick..as usual. A special thanks to Laura for providing me with warm clothes, food, and shelter. Ahh and that was that. I have come to the conclusion that I’m just not cut out for nights like that anymore. 2009, is going to be mighty different I tell ya. I’ll either be in Australia visiting my mike, or at home with a bottle of wine, and a good movie. I hope everyone else had an amazing one.

The end. Thank goodness.
Here's to 2008!!!!!
Thanks to everyone who made 2007 a little easier for me!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

X-sookie

3 comments:

lower case g said...

happy New Year poodle... at least we were all in the same room for a few fleeting moments...

more great (times) in '08! it almost rhymes!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the crappy ending to your night.

However I too was happy that i spent at least the countdown with friends.

great pix btw xox

jessica said...

i'm happy you both were there too!
xx